"They have a range of experts in a variety of legal fields whose expertise we can draw upon. Response times have been exemplary." Chambers 2014
Over recent years, employment law has become increasingly wide-ranging and ever more complex. Employment law is subject to constant change through legislation, the courts’ interpretation and even ministerial diktat. Consequently we assist employers in taking a pro-active approach in managing their employees and the working environment.
Our specialist unit has extensive experience in all aspects of employment law and our advice is tailored to the particular needs of our clients. We often work alongside in-house HR departments to provide day-to-day advice but can also offer our own HR function to our clients where necessary.
Our expertise includes:
- Contracts and terms of employment;
- Disciplinary, grievance and capability procedures;
- Equal opportunities, including defending equal pay litigation;
- Working time rules and calculations;
- Part time and fixed term employees;
- Age, disability, race, sex, sexual orientation and religious discrimination;
- Dismissals, including advice on unfair, constructive, wrongful, redundancy and retirement dismissals;
- TUPE and related issues;
- Pensions – occupational, personal and public sector;
- Restrictive covenants;
- Family friendly working issues;
- Settlement agreements;
- Human rights;
- Employment of non-EEA nationals;
- Appraisal systems;
- Whistle blowing;
- Representation at employment tribunals.
Unusually for a firm of solicitors we have HR Advisers within our employment team who are able to assist our clients on day to day HR issues as well as on specific projects. The distinct advantage of this is that you know our HR Advisers have the full support of our experienced employment lawyers. See our HR Capability Statement
for further details.
Our team also contains a Partner who is dual qualified as a barrister and a solicitor. Consequently we can represent our clients throughout Tribunal and Appeal Proceedings.
We also provide an employment law “hotline” facility for clients on an annual retainer basis as well as a thrice-yearly newsletter and a monthly e-mail bulletin highlighting all of the latest important developments in employment law.
Get in touch
Please contact Nick Watson
for a no-obligation discussion on the services we offer.