We have built a reputation over many years as a leading firm advising the full spectrum of faith organisations. Our clients include organisations from across the Christian denominations (including Catholic, Church of England, Baptist, Methodist and the Independent and Evangelical Churches) and organisations that are inspired by the Jewish, Muslim, Hindu, Sikh and Buddhist faiths (as well as many others). Most importantly we recognise the need to provide advice that is sympathetic to the particular religious context and ethos, including especially the interplay with particular religious rules.
We regularly advise on a wide range of issues including;
- Constitutional and Governance issues & trustee responsibilities
- Charitable Status and public benefit
- Trustee responsibilities Charity Commission investigations
- Discrimination and Equality issues
- Employment and HR matters
- Education advice for Faith schools (state and independent)
- Safeguarding of children and vulnerable individuals/adults
- Legacies matters and & fundraising
- Data protection issues and intellectual property
- Health & Safety and Regulatory advice
- Property acquisition, management & disposal/leasing/management
- Construction and Development
- Commercial and Financial matters
- International Matters
- Canon and Ecclesiastical laws
- Transferring missions to lay management
- Dispute resolution matters
- Care provision
For further information, please see our Faith Organisations brochure.
Get in touch
Please contact Tim Rutherford for a no-obligation discussion on the services we offer.