The concept of trusteeship lies at the heart of the voluntary sector. It is charity trustees who carry ultimate responsibility for the work of their organisation and our advice is designed to assist them in what can be a very challenging task.
We look to support trustees to understand their challenging role through:
- Our programme of trustee training seminars aimed at providing charity trustees with the basic skills to operate at the highest level;
- Providing bespoke trustee training sessions and workshops;
- Regular seminars and round table discussion groups on topical legal issues;
- Participating in sector body networking events and seminars;
- Regular technical charity law newsletters and a monthly newsletter of relevant guidance. To sign up to our newsletter service please click here;
- Providing in-depth guidance notes on key areas; and
- Providing template and bespoke policies (including data protection policies) for your organisation.
Our lawyers in the charities and social enterprise sector group provide practical solutions informed not only by our experience as advisers but also personally as charity trustees. We understand the demands of the role, and aim to provide appropriate tailored support for our clients.
For details of:
- The Company Secretarial Governance forum, please click here.
- The Bath Trustee Network, please click here.
We aim to provide charity trustees with the necessary support and tools to do their job. Please get in touch with us today to discuss how we can support you in your role as a charity trustee.