CC No 1129050
The Stone King Foundation is a charitable foundation separate from Stone King LLP (“the firm”), which acts as a grant making body using funds donated by the firm. Its trustees are made up of partners and staff of the firm.
Over the past few years the foundation has had the privilege of supporting the charities shown by the logos below and we really hope (and indeed feedback from some has confirmed this) that our support has made a big difference to these organisations.
Whom we support
Our preference is to support applications made by staff and members of Stone King who are actively participating in fundraising activities or have close links to certain causes. However, we will consider applications from other individuals or organisations where they are in line with our grant making policy, as follows.
Generally, the foundation will accept applications made by organisations for:
- core costs (e.g. running costs for the charity project, events and/or training costs);
- capital costs (e.g. building purchase and renovation, equipment, vehicles, training costs, professional fees relating to capital projects, one off publications, setting up a website); or
- for any other charitable purposes that the Trustees may from time to time think fit.
Generally, the Foundation will accept applications from individuals for:
- education-related expenses;
- opportunities for young people for travel in an education context or travel costs for people wishing to volunteer their services for charitable activities;
- relief from reason of youth, age, ill health, disability, financial hardship or other disadvantage; or
- any other charitable purpose that the Trustees may from time to time think fit.
Grants will not be given to meet:
- general or marketing appeals;
- other grant makers, political or commercial appeals;
- relief of state aid or reduction of support from public funds; or
- gifts made for the purpose of enhancing Stone King.
As a general guideline donations may amount to between £250 and £500 for organisations but a little less for individuals, however, each request is considered on a case by case basis and amounts may vary.
How to apply
If you are an individual, group or organisation in need of funding for a charitable purpose, which you consider meets our criteria, we may be able to provide you with a grant. Please complete our application form with as much detail as possible and send it for the attention of Kathryn Williams, 13 Queen Square, Bath, BA1 2HJ, or complete the online form linked below, and we will consider your application at our next Trustee meeting.
Stone King are pleased to support