In our fifth annual conference, our team of specialist Employment Lawyers and HR Consultants will look at the year ahead for schools and specifically the employment/HR challenges arising from:
- Maintaining well-being and dealing with stress in a modern workplace. This seminar will be delivered by one of the team’s specialist HR Consultants and will include practical advice on creating a culture of well-being within schools.
- Achieving a settlement with a member of staff. Our lawyers and HR Consultants will look at various aspects of this process in two dedicated sessions, from dealing with the difference between a without prejudice conversation and a protected conversation and how to initiate these discussions, to the actual settlement agreement itself and the changes to the tax treatment of termination payments. Our specialist lawyers will walk delegates through a settlement agreement providing details on individual clauses and what these documents actually mean in practical terms.
- Understanding immigration issues within the education sector. This informative talk from our specialist immigration solicitor will highlight the key issues faced by education employers and offer practical solutions to dealing with teaching shortages. Legal guidance will be offered on preparing for the potential impact of Brexit on EEA national employees.
- Dealing with allegations against staff. This interactive case study seminar will highlight the legal risks and take the delegate on a journey through common issues and practical resolutions involving a detailed consideration of the obligations in the revised 2018 Keeping Children Safe in Education, the suspension process, police involvement and referrals.
- Keeping up to date on relevant developments in the sector. One of our specialist employment lawyers will deliver an update session dealing with sector specific cases and new developments which have practical impact on the day to day lives of schools.
The Employment and HR team will be running this conference in both London and Leeds this year. The team would be delighted to welcome you to either event.
Date and Location
Thursday 13 September
Cedar Court Hotel, Mayo Avenue, Rooley Lane, Bradford, BD5 8HW
Members of the Stone King Employment Team.
We are pleased to announce Jane Acklam OBE, Chief Executive Officer of South Pennine Academies will be joining us as Keynote speaker at the Leeds Conference.
This event is free of charge.