"This was such a useful workshop - well organised and delivered. Wish I had done it months ago!"
- Kerrie Jones, Anglian Learning
Are you an academy trust or establishing an academy trust?
Are you clear what the role of Company Secretary involves?
Our regular training events are designed to provide you with a comprehensive guide to the role of Company Secretary to an academy trust and include the following:
- The legal framework encompassing a practical guide to how an academy trust should operate under its articles of association and relevant parts of company law
- The specific role and responsibilities of a Company Secretary to an academy trust
- The relationship between the Company Secretary and Clerk to Governors roles
- How to convene and support member and board meetings
- Decision-making in meetings and by written resolution
- Keeping the right paperwork – company registers, agendas, minutes, and reports to Companies House
- The rules concerning persons with significant control
- Company Secretaries appointed by academy trusts who wish to understand how the role applies in an academy setting
- Clerks to school governing bodies who wish to work as, or who are working alongside, Company Secretaries
- School Business Managers or governors who are thinking about how to operate the role of Company Secretary to their academy trust
- Multi Academy Trust directors who want to better understand their governance structure
Our training events are a great forum to exchange ideas and experiences with your counterparts in other schools.
Date and location
Wednesday 12 September 2018
Stone King LLP, Thirty Station Road, Cambridge, CB1 2RE.
Discounted to £54 for FASNA Members and free for Stone King Legal Support Retainer Clients. Please log onto the Retainer Members Area for your discount code.