Are you an academy trust or establishing an academy trust?
Are you clear what the role of Company Secretary involves?
Our regular training events are designed to provide you with a comprehensive guide to the role of Company Secretary to an academy trust and include the following:
- The legal framework encompassing a practical guide to how an academy trust should operate under its articles of association and relevant parts of company law
- The specific role and responsibilities of a Company Secretary to an academy trust
- The relationship between the Company Secretary and Clerk to Governors roles
- How to convene and support member and board meetings
- Decision-making in meetings and by written resolution
- Keeping the right paperwork – company registers, agendas, minutes, and reports to Companies House
- The rules concerning persons with significant control.
Date and Location
Tuesday 12 March 2019
Stone King LLP, Boundary House, 91-93 Charterhouse Street, London, EC1M 6HR
1:45pm: Guest arrival and registration
2:00pm: Session starts
5:00pm: Event closes
Discounted to £75 for members of the Confederation of School Trusts (CST) and free for Stone King Retainer Clients. Your retainer discount code can be found on the Retainer Members Area.