"This was such a useful workshop - well organised and delivered. Wish I had done it months ago!"
- Kerrie Jones, Anglian Learning
Are you an academy or due to convert?
Are you clear what the role of Company Secretary involves?
Our regular training events are designed to provide you with a comprehensive guide to the role of Company Secretary to an Academy and include the following:
- The legal framework encompassing a practical guide to how an academy trust should operate under its articles of association and relevant parts of company law
- The specific role and responsibilities of a Company Secretary to an academy trust
- The relationship between the Company Secretary and Clerk to Governors roles
- How to convene and support member and director meetings
- Decision-making in meetings and by resolution
- Keeping the right paperwork – company registers, agendas, minutes, and reports to Companies House
- New rules coming into force under the Small Business, Enterprise and Employment Act 2015
- Company Secretaries appointed by academy trusts who wish to understand how the role applies in an academy setting
- Clerks to school governing bodies who wish to work as, or who are working alongside, Company Secretaries
- School Business Managers or governors who are thinking about how to operate the role of Company Secretary to their academy trust
- Multi Academy Trust directors who want to better understand their governance structure
Our training events are a great forum to exchange ideas and experiences with your counterparts in other schools.
Date and location
Tuesday 22 May 2018
Stone King LLP, Boundary House, 91 Charterhouse Street, London, EC1M 6HR
Discounted to £54 for Confederation of School Trusts (CST) Members and free for Stone King Retainer Clients. Please contact us for your discount code.