Are you a Clerk or a Company Secretary of an academy trust or are you looking to appoint a Clerk or Company Secretary to an academy trust? Are you clear what the role of Company Secretary or Clerk to an academy trust involves?
This event is designed to provide Clerks/Company Secretaries of schools and academy trusts with comprehensive training, and is an opportunity to benefit from each other, to share experiences and knowledge and is therefore designed to be interactive. During the training we will discuss the following:
- The legal framework for an academy trust - encompassing a practical guide to an academy trust’s articles of association and relevant parts of company law
- The role and responsibilities of a Company Secretary/Clerk to an academy trust
- The roles of members and trustees
- How to convene and support member and board meetings
- Decision-making in meetings and by written resolution
- Keeping the right paperwork – e.g. company registers and filing at Companies House
Prior to the live event, you will have access to a detailed PDF case study.
For more information or to book please click here.
- Date & Location
Thursday 23 September 2021
02:00pm - start
05:30pm - finish
Nicola Andrews | Senior Associate | Education Team
Katherine Hall | Solicitor | Education Team
£95 per person.
Discounted to £75 for Confederation of School Trusts (CST) Members and ISBL Members.
Free for Stone King Retainer Clients.