PLEASE NOTE THIS SEMINAR IS NOW FULLY BOOKED. IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO BE PLACED ON THE WAITING LIST FOR THIS EVENT, PLEASE EMAIL email@example.com AND WE WILL CONTACT YOU SHOULD A PLACE BECOME AVAILABLE.
In this topical seminar we will bring you up to date with the very latest cases on unfair dismissal, consider strategies for handling difficult decisions, and highlight the new rules and best practice for settlement agreements. Topics will include:
- Where are we on the “band of reasonable responses" test after A v B in the Supreme Court?
- The effect of a successful disciplinary appeal on the employment contract: Patel v Folkestone Nursing Home.
- When can you suspend an employee without breaching the duty of trust and confidence (New ACAS guidance, Agoreyo v London Borough of Lambeth and the very latest case of Alexander-Wight v Barts NHS Trust)?
- Whistleblowing dismissals and detriments: Royal Mail v Jhuti and personal liability after Osipov
- When an attempt to head off a disability claim through a contrived redundancy went wrong: X v Y
- What are the new rules on settlement? “Post Employment Notice Periods” and Non-disclosure Agreements after “Me too”.
- Date and Location
Thursday 2 May 2019
Radisson Blu Hotel, No 1 The Light, The Headrow, Leeds, LS1 8TL
08.30 – 09.00: Arrival, registration and refreshments
09.00 - 10:30: Unfair Dismissal Update - New cases, strategies and settlements
10.30 - 11.00: Networking and event close
This event is free to attend.