We have developed our training programme to equip charity trustees and members of senior management teams with the knowledge you need to carry out your roles effectively. Our Charity Essentials programme covers key Charity Commission guidance and the underlying charity law duties. The aim is to guide you to implement best practice and to prevent problems, as well as helping you deal with them should they arise, and also to recognise when further advice is needed.
The sessions are built around the Charity Commission’s core guidance, including “The Essential Trustee”, “Conflicts of Interest: a Guide for Charity Trustees”, and the Charity Governance Code endorsed by the Commission, as well as guidance issued during the coronavirus pandemic. This training will improve your understanding of the way in which the Charity Commission operates by exploring its strategy and approach in areas such as facilitating charities’ work during the coronavirus pandemic and serious incident reporting. The session will look at case studies to examine best practice governance in practical settings. Topics include:
- key duties and liabilities of charity trustees as illustrated by recent case reports
- financial governance and resilience in the current climate
- meetings and decision making in a virtual space
- the Charity Commission’s approach to regulation during the coronavirus pandemic
- recognising and reporting serious incidents
All sessions provide the opportunity for you to put your questions to expert advisors.
Please book your place here.
This webinar is free of charge.