This session is now fully booked. Please contact email@example.com for any queries.
Are you an academy trust or establishing an academy trust?
Are you clear what the role of Company Secretary or Clerk to an academy trust involves?
This event is designed to provide you with comprehensive training on the following:
- The legal framework for an academy trust - encompassing a practical guide to an academy trust’s articles of association and relevant parts of company law
- The role and responsibilities of a Company Secretary to an academy trust
- The relationship between the Company Secretary and Clerk roles
- The roles of members and trustees
- How to convene and support member and board meetings
- Decision-making in meetings and by written resolution
- Keeping the right paperwork – e.g. company registers and filing at Companies House
- The rules concerning persons with significant control.
Tuesday 19 January 2021
2pm: Start (there will be a 15-20 minute tea break during the training to allow time to read through the case study)
Louise Castle | Senior Associate, Education Team
Katherine Hall | Solicitor | Education Team
£95 per person.
Discounted to £75 for Confederation of School Trusts (CST) Members and ISBL Members. Please contact the Events Team for your discount code.
Free of charge for Stone King Retainer Clients. Please log into the Retainer Members Area for your discount code.