Paula Williamson, Partner and Stone King’s Head of Information Law is speaking at Data Protection Professionals in Education (DPPE’s) free online event “COVID -19 and data protection in education settings: adapting to change”.
COVID-19 has dramatically changed the data protection environment of our educational establishments. Personal data is being processed in new ways (e.g. remote learning, onsite COVID-19 testing), using new technology (e.g. biometrics and the NHS app) and shared more widely than ever (e.g. NHS Test and Trace.)
The event is aimed at Data Protection Officers, HR professionals and those interested in data compliance in the context of COVID-19. It will cover:
- COVID-19 testing and data sharing: storing and sharing positive results and close contacts with the NHS, other pupils/parents
- Using the NHS COVID-19 App in schools and Further Education Colleges;
- Privacy Notices addendums are now the norm * (DPPE members and new members access a free privacy notice addendum to cover remote learning and COVID-19 Test and Trace data sharing)
- FOI requests relating to COVID-19
- Remote learning and recording of live lessons and meetings
- Monitoring and surveillance of home working
Please book your place here.
Thursday 3 December 2020
Paula Williamson | Partner, Head of Information Law
This webinar is free of charge.