- Trainee Development Programme
As a trainee at Stone King we look for the best. Our investment in you is to become the future of Stone King and a leader in your chosen area of law. We are national leaders in the fields of Charity and Social Enterprise and Education and in addition have highly regarded teams in the Private Client and Business sectors. This level of expertise and choice provides a well-rounded and comprehensive training experience, the foundation of a successful career.
The short video below gives an insight into life as a Trainee Solicitor at Stone King.
- How to apply?
To apply for a training contract at Stone King, you will be required to complete an application form, which can be found on our Current Vacancies page.
Please see a timeline our graduate recruitment process below:
If you have any queries regarding training contracts, please refer to our Q & A section below or please do not hesitate to contact our Graduate Recruitment Team.
- Training Contract FAQs
- 1. Who will be considered?
- Our Trainees generally have excellent academic grades, usually at least ABB (or equivalent) in their A-levels (or equivalent) and a 2.1 at undergraduate level. In exceptional cases we may invite people to interview when they have not achieved such high grades, perhaps because they had mitigating circumstances during a particular set of exams or because they have achieved highly elsewhere in their lives.
- 2. How do I apply?
Please visit our Training Contracts page for more information on how to apply
- 3. What departments can I train in?
- Residential & Business Property
- Trust & Estates
- Commercial Property
- Dispute Resolution
- Corporate & Commercial
- 4. Are seat preferences taken into account?
Of course. You will be asked where you want to go and your preferences will be taken into consideration. Not everyone gets their first choice every time, but every effort is made to try to ensure that Trainees go to the departments in which they are particularly interested.
- 5. What are the chances of being retained as an NQ?
We seldom recruit more than four Trainees each year. This enables us to focus fully on excellent quality training and retention. We work openly with trainees in their final two seats to discuss qualification opportunities.
- 6. Could I work in any of Stone King’s other offices?
Yes, Trainees often spend a seat in one of our other offices. We like to encourage requests and will always accommodate where possible.
- 7. What is the deadline for applications?
The deadline for Training Contracts will be 24 May 2019.