Updated 26 August 2020 following the publication of Ofqual’s Guidance: Summary guidance on appeals, malpractice and maladministration complaints for GCSE, AS and A level grades in England (“Grades Guidance”) published on 26.8.20
This Stone King guidance provides practical advice on which procedures and approaches to use to respond effectively to student and parental challenges regarding 2020 exam results including:
- The Different Types of Challenge
- How to make the correct legal and practical response
- Correct handling of requests for information
- The Ofqual System for 2020: Information and Links
Ofqual’s official position regarding parental challenges of Centre Assessed Grades (“CAGs”) is still under review and although we will update this guidance very regularly, Schools are also advised to check the Ofqual website for its up to date position and guidance.
Please do contact a member of our team if you would like to discuss the particular circumstances of your school.
For academies and maintained schools:
For independent schools:
Key Points for Schools
- Identify what type of complaint is being made and make the correct legal and practical response.
- Ensure legally correct handling of data requests from parents and students: i.e. being helpful whilst not breaching personal data obligations. We have prepared a practical guide for schools on handling a SAR in the context of the Summer 2020 exam results. The pack contains detailed guidance, template responses, FAQs and key tips. More detail regarding the pack is available here.