Following the release of full details by the Department for Education (DfE) and Ofqual as to how subject grades will be determined in Summer 2021, our series of free one hour webinars will focus on the legal and practical implications of teacher assessed grades for schools and colleges, enabling them to minimise their risk of time consuming and costly challenge. Topics covered will include:
- Understanding and managing the assessment process;
- The obligation to show students the evidence on which their grade is determined;
- The practicalities of dealing with parental and student complaints and appeals;
- Avoiding bias, discrimination, and Equality Act challenges;
- Data protection considerations;
Our webinar programme will set out legal and practical steps schools and colleges can take to streamline processes, avoid pitfalls, and minimise risk. A live question and answer session will follow. We are offering an initial session based on the situation in April and then a follow up session to advise on subsequent developments up to the end of the Summer Term.