A national convention is bringing together hundreds of people with an interest in co-operative and social enterprise-based innovation, on 12 February 2020. As a partner of E3M, Stone King is pleased to support the Growing the Economy conference, which will draw key decision-makers from local authorities, leaders of co-operatives and social enterprises and funders and investors. The event will explore how the social economy can play a much more central role in the economic and community wellbeing of places across the country.
The conference, which is being held at The Queen Elizabeth Hall in Oldham, will feature a mix of breakout discussions and plenary sessions, with Stone King Partner Julian Blake among the day’s speakers. The event will focus on collaboration and knowledge-sharing with topics including:
- Working with local public authorities to catalyse change: E3M Alchemy, Social Enterprise Places and the “Keep it Local” campaign
- Creating community wealth
- Building local co-operative and social enterprise eco-systems
- Social Sourcing: public benefit partnership approaches to commissioning
- Social Investment in place
- The role of funders/foundations
- Co-operative and social enterprise innovation in local services
- Responding to climate emergency: co-op and community power
- Policy for inclusive growth and industrial strategy
The event will be preceded by a drinks reception on 11 February from 6.30pm to 8pm at the Co-operative Group HQ, Angel Square, Manchester.
For more information and to book a place, please go to E3M’s events page.