We offer notary legal services through Andrew Mortimer, a partner and solicitor in Stone King who also practises as a Notary Public. He deals with all types of clients – private individuals, businesses, charities and schools.
His notary practice is entirely separate from Stone King LLP, although he’s based in our Bath office. His practice as a Notary Public is regulated through the Faculty Office of the Archbishop of Canterbury, 1 The Sanctuary, Westminster, London SW1P 3JT.
Andrew can see you at any of our offices, or visit you at your own premises to discuss notary matters. For more information (including pricing, insurance cover and complaints procedure) please see his Terms of Business.
- The role of a notary
As a Notary Public, Andrew's primary role is to authenticate documents and facts for use outside England and Wales. He also arranges apostilles and consular legalisation which many countries require to verify his status as the attesting notary.
- The expert legal services he provides for private individuals include certifying
- legal documents for buying and selling properties
- appointment of attorneys to act in transactions
- qualification and identity documents for emigration
- document for marriages
- consents for children travelling
- documents for litigation proceedings
- documents to administer estates
- The services he provides for businesses, charities and schools include certifying
- evidence of status and copies of constitutional documents
- execution of agreements and transactional documents
- appointment of attorneys
- evidence of educational qualification
- evidence of student status