Amanda Watts qualified as a Solicitor in 2003, having graduated from Leicester University with a degree in law, and then completing the Legal Practice Course at the College of Law in Guildford. Prior to joining Stone King, Amanda was a Partner with Nockolds LLP in their Commercial Property team. Amanda became a Partner at Stone King in May 2015.
Her expertise is in all general property work including:
- sale / purchase of residential properties, in particular high value and complex transactions
- sale / purchase of commercial sites, either for commercial use, or developments for residential use
- commercial or residential remortgages and refinancing
- transfers of equity
- agricultural properties
- granting of easements or rights of way
- rectification of titles at the Land Registry
- acting for Landlord or Tenant regarding grant of leases, lease extension and variations
- Amanda was born in Toronto, Canada but was raised in Guernsey in the Channel Islands.
In respect of her interests, Amanda is an extremely competent horsewoman, competing regularly in dressage, show jumping and eventing. Such is her skill, she represented and captained Great Britain at University Level in dressage and show jumping, to success, in Sweden and Austria.
Amanda is a great fan of rugby, and has held a season ticket for the Leicester Tigers. She was in New Zealand during the Rugby World Cup, and even went to the final. Now that she has moved to Bath, Amanda will be supporting Bath rugby, unless perhaps when they are playing Tigers!