Charlotte is an international and cross-border succession solicitor dealing exclusively with work which includes an international element. Although Charlotte is particularly familiar with French succession law, she is trained to deal with every jurisdiction in the world.
Charlotte’s work includes the following:
- Preparing wills, valid both in the UK and overseas;
- Providing cross-border estate planning advice – to ensure that her clients are aware of how succession and tax rules in multiple jurisdictions interact with each other;
- Administering estates (obtaining probate) for those that die with assets in multiple jurisdictions;
- Providing analysis of domicile for inheritance tax purposes (which can be used in dealings with HMRC);
- Advising clients about, and preparing powers of attorney; and
- Providing advice to charity clients who are beneficiaries to complex multi-jurisdictional estates.
- Professional Experience
Charlotte has gained the specialist Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP) Advanced Certificate in Cross-Border Estates (with a distinction) and is in the process of becoming a full member STEP having completed 3 of the 4 regular courses required.
Charlotte is also a member of the STEP special interest groups for Cross-Border Estates and International Client.
- Academic Experience
Charlotte brings to Stone King a wealth of non-legal experience. She completed her undergraduate degree in International Relations, before (as a Canadian qualified snowboarding instructor and climbing enthusiast) working abroad in the snow sports industry for several years.
Charlotte subsequently completed the Graduate Diploma in Law and the Legal Practice Course at the College of Law, qualifying with a distinction. Following her training contract with Stone King, Charlotte qualified as a solicitor in April 2015.
International and Cross-Border