Hannah advises charities and social enterprises on incorporation and registrations, governance issues, commercial operations and mergers and transfers.
Her particular expertise is in commercial drafting (such as contracts and grants) and she acts for a number of publicly funded organisations. She frequently advises on collaborations and partnerships, procurement and trading.
- Professional Experience
Hannah joined Stone King’s Charity & Social Enterprise team in 2010.
Prior to working at the firm, Hannah worked at Linklaters (Corporate and Financial Markets) and Capsticks (Public Sector).
Her decision to specialise in the charity sector was in part influenced by her secondment at an international children’s charity.
- Charity & Social Enterprise
Hannah is a respected charity and social enterprise lawyer, frequently asked to speak at sector events and contribute to publications.
Recent work includes:
- Advising on complex charity registrations, including those with innovative approaches to working.
- Advising on the restructuring of an international group of charities and social enterprises.
- Advising charities on a range of model agreements to allow them to work collaboratively with other organisations in tendering for public procurement opportunities and delivering under those contracts.
- Advising on a range of mergers.
- Social Finance
Hannah is a member of the firm’s Social Finance team, which includes advising organisations seeking to raise funds and advising charities on their social investments.
Hannah has recently advised 2 large charities on their ability to make complicated mission related investments.