Simon joined Stone King in 2014 after having qualified as a solicitor in Australia. He was admitted to the roll in 2016.
Simon specialises in property-related issues including claims for possession, trespass, service charge disputes, commercial lease renewal applications, forfeiture, dilapidations claims and disputed rights of way. He also has experience dealing with a wide range of commercial disputes including breach of contract and debt recovery matters.
Simon’s recent experience includes:
- Advising the beneficiaries of a trust involving land worth circa £10m in respect of their respective entitlements and potential claims against the trustees for breach of trust
- Acting for a property development company in various matters including obtaining urgent injunctive relief to remove a large number of trespassers from the company’s land
- Successfully recovering sums due to an individual under a bridging loan for the surrender and re-grant of a lease of a property based in central London
- Obtaining an order to strike out costly proceedings brought by an individual in the High Court involving multiple spurious allegations against a national trust
- Acting for an individual in highly contested proceedings involving multiple rights of way over rural land
Simon’s clients include businesses, high net worth individuals, educational institutions and charities. He is a member of the Junior Property Litigation Association.