Simon joined Stone King in 2014 after having qualified as a solicitor in Australia. He was admitted to the roll in 2016.
Simon specialises in commercial and property-related disputes including claims for possession, trespass, 1954 Act lease renewal applications, forfeiture, dilapidations claims, and disputed rights of way.
His wide commercial practice includes high value and complex contractual disputes and debt recovery matters.
Case studies / Accomplishments
- Successfully defending a maintained school in a complex lease claim worth c£10m. The reported judgment is likely to have a significant impact on the ability of public bodies to enter into contracts with private entities.
- Advising the beneficiaries of a trust involving land worth circa £10m in respect of their respective entitlements and potential claims against the trustees for breach of trust.
- Acting for a property development company in various matters including obtaining urgent injunctive relief to remove a large number of trespassers from the company’s land.
- Successfully recovering sums due to an individual under a bridging loan for the surrender and re-grant of a lease of a property based in central London.
- Obtaining an order to strike out costly proceedings brought by an individual in the High Court involving multiple spurious allegations against a national trust.
- Acting for a successful individual in highly contested proceedings involving multiple rights of way.