Employment law can be seen by some companies as a barrier to business achievement, but that does not need to be the case since UK employment law generally permits businesses to require their staff to contribute to their commercial goals.
Our business employment lawyers have a background in commercial law and can assist decision-makers in performing employment related risk assessments, whether that decision is, for example, in relation to the introduction of a new staff policy or defending an employment tribunal claim. Whatever the situation we will strive to give you advice that allows you to regain the initiative and control of the situation.
The team has extensive experience in all aspects of employment law and our advice is tailored to the particular needs of our clients. A few examples of the employment advice often provided to companies has included (but is not limited to):
- Contracts and terms of employment;
- Disciplinary, grievance and capability procedures;
- Equal opportunities, including defending equal pay litigation;
- Working time rules and calculations;
- Part time and fixed term employees;
- Age, disability, race, sex, sexual orientation and religious discrimination;
- Dismissals, including advice on unfair, constructive, wrongful, and redundancy dismissals;
- TUPE and related issues;
- Restrictive covenants;
- Family friendly working issues;
- Settlement agreements;
- Human rights;
- Appraisal systems;
- Whistle blowing;
- Representation at employment tribunals.
We also offer HR consultancy services. Our team of HR Consultants works closely with our employment law solicitors to provide continuity of advice in relation to a wide range of employment issues. We offer a range of business employment retainers to enable you to take advice quickly and easily, at a fixed cost, including Mediation services.
Our team has an outstanding reputation in relation to speaking at national and regional events, particularly on business law specific issues. The Team runs successful in-house workshops and annual employment/business day conferences.
Within our Business Employment Team, we have particular experience in transport and logistics, creative industries and brewery and hospitality.