- Our immigration team
Our immigration team has sector specific experience and can provide legal support and advice to businesses on all aspects of immigration law, including on recruiting and retaining workers from outside of the UK.
Partner Julie Moktadir heads the immigration team at Stone King. Julie and the team represent and support many businesses struggling to recruit within the UK, from start-ups to tech companies. The team is also providing guidance to a number of businesses regarding the impact of Brexit on their workforce.
- Are you interested in recruiting from outside of the UK?
Our team can offer solutions to workforce planning issues and advise on how to recruit from within and outside the European Economic Area (EEA).
- Do you currently have non-British employees?
We can assist with your sponsorship licence, including renewals and compliance. Our team can complete document checks and support the use of your Sponsorship Management System. We can do this from your premises or remotely. We can support you by ensuring you are up-to-date with the latest immigration procedures.
- Areas in which we can support you
- Guidance and advice on all aspects of recruitment from within and outside the EEA
- Advice on identity documents and right to work checks
- Sponsoring workers
Any business seeking to fill vacancies may look to sponsor overseas workers. Our team is able to advise on effective recruitment and selection; give guidance and advice on all aspects of identity documentation and right to work checks; and assist with applications for sponsorship licences, including navigating the Sponsor Management System (SMS).
- Applying for a sponsorship licence
- Guidance on using the SMS
- Acting as a Level 1 user
- Licence management and compliance
- Revocation of licence
- Advising on right to work checks
- Ongoing support
- Bespoke audit services in readiness for UKVI visits
We conduct audits for both Tier 2 sponsors and Tier 5 sponsors, reviewing all current immigration processes and procedures, meeting with key personnel to advise on their duties and providing follow- up support, in readiness for any UKVI compliance visits.
- Points-based system
We can assist with all aspects of the points-based system. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Undertaking the whole visa application process
- Sponsoring workers under Tier 2 of the points-based system
- Sponsoring temporary workers under Tier 5 of the points-based system
- Advice on the EU Settlement Scheme and implications of Brexit
We appreciate this is an uncertain time for businesses and we can provide specific support in relation to Brexit and EU national workers. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Applying for settled or pre-settled status under the EU Settlement Scheme, for any EU national employees
- Advising employees on the implications of Brexit and providing materials to send to affected staff
We are able to provide a range of bespoke training, examples of which include:
- Recruitment from overseas
- Implications of Brexit
- Responsibilities of a sponsorship licence holder
- Case Studies
A tech company had been struggling to recruit in the UK, due to the highly-skilled labour required, and therefore wished to recruit from abroad. Our team provided assistance with every stage of the application to facilitate sponsorship; successfully applied for a sponsorship licence on their behalf and obtained restricted and unrestricted certificates of sponsorship to sponsor overseas workers. On the company’s behalf, the team applied for Entry Clearance for Tier 2 (General) and Leave to Remain for Tier 2 (General), which were granted, allowing the individuals to begin work promptly.
Recently conducted the Resident Labour Market Test on behalf of a start-up business. Our team successfully supported the business through all stages, from the job advertisement to interview processes, in line with the UKVI requirements.
We help businesses complete day-to-day tasks in the Sponsor Management System (SMS), both by guiding clients through this remotely and through being an appointed Level 1 User and completing this on their behalf.
- Immigration FAQ Fact Sheets
- Our fees
- British Naturalisation or Registration applications
- EEA Permanent Residence applications or Residence card application
- EEA Registration Certificate applications
- Student and Work Experience visas
- Visit visas (for tourism, or visiting friends / family)
- Spouse and partners applications, including fiancé(e)s or proposed civil partners
- Applications for work, business or study under the Points-Based System
- Dependent relative and family reunion applications
- Ancestry visas
- Other categories, such as applications on the basis of long residence
Immigration Advice and Support for Business
31 January 2020
17 September 2018
There are currently no events.