Information Management covers a number of legal areas, ranging from data protection, freedom of information (FOI), subject access requests, records management (including pupil records), biometric data and use of copyright material.
Our team has extensive expertise in advising organisations, charities, schools and businesses on information management. We can help you to:
- manage delicate Data Protection Act (or DPA) enquiries, subject access requests (SARs) and FOI requests;
- handle Information Commissioner complaints in order to avoid a fine of up to £500,000;
- provide you with model policies and procedures and audit services, to help you improve;
- store data correctly when putting your data in 'a cloud';
- understand the dos and don’ts of CCTV, biometric data and data sharing; and
- develop your own understanding through legal and practical updates, as well as bespoke training sessions.
Information management covers a wide range of issues, including
- Data Protection
- Freedom of Information (FOI);
- Records Management/Pupil Records;
- Biometric Data;
- Data Sharing;
- Privacy and Breach of Confidence;
- Data Security and Data Breaches;
- Employment Law Issues;
- and Social Media.
Get in touch
Please contact Kate Grimley Evans for a no-obligation discussion about the services we can offer you.