Information management concerns arise in all stages of employment, from dealing with the sensitive personal data of applicants during recruitment to subject access requests (SARs) from aggrieved applicants, employees or former employees.
Dealing with these issues, particularly against the background of fraught employment relationships, can be time consuming and complex. Stone King’s Information Management Team has experts specialising in both employment law and data protection who can advise and support you with any data issue to ensure that you meet your obligations, without prejudicing the employment relationship or any ongoing proceedings.
Areas that we can advise on include:
- responding to and making SARs
- dealing with Freedom of Information requests
- data issues during a recruitment process
- storing employment records
- use of social media
- transferring employee’s personal data to third parties
- monitoring at work
- dealing with data security breaches (including any resulting disciplinary action)
- mobile working – data protection and security considerations
- criminal Records Checks and the impact of the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012
- ‘Bring Your Own Device’ schemes