Whilst social media has many benefits for organisations, including as an effective way of interacting with clients, businesses may not be aware that in many circumstances, the information that they post online will be subject to data protection laws - for instance where a business uses social media as a marketing tool to promote its services.
Stone King’s Information Management Team has in depth experience of advising clients in relation social media. As well as providing advice on the associated risks, we can give practical assistance to mitigate them by creating policy documents and terms and conditions tailored to your organisation or business and by delivering training in order to help you reap the benefits and avoid the pitfalls of social media.
Areas that we can advise on include:
- using social media to obtain information on customers
- use of social media to advertise job roles and to screen candidates
- privacy settings and online terms and conditions
- ensuring profiling and marketing activities are compliant
- protecting social media profiles against hackers
- misuse of social media
- drafting bespoke policies and delivering training
- protection of intellectual property
- digital marketing campaigns
- defamation and privacy