The law and practice referred to in this article or webinar has been paraphrased or summarised. It might not be up-to-date with changes in the law and we do not guarantee the accuracy of any information provided at the time of reading. It should not be construed or relied upon as legal advice in relation to a specific set of circumstances.
We have acted for clients from across the design sector for over 15 years and have helped many design businesses to realise their IP potential and to protect their investment in design when necessary. Our firmwide sector expertise covers design, brands, manufacturing, retail, fashion, publishing, advertising, music, entertainment, sport, hotels, restaurants and leisure, property, gaming, technology and art.
We are also a Legal Affiliate of Anti Copying In Design (ACID), the design industry association dedicated to raising awareness and to the protection of IP rights in the design industry, and we have helped many ACID members over the years to protect and exploit their IP.
Design law in the UK is a highly complex web of design, copyright, trade mark and passing off laws. We have a wealth of expertise in the law relating to design, which we combine with an understanding of the commercial issues facing both designers and retailers. This enables us to give the best, practical advice for the protection, exploitation and enforcement of rights in designs.
- Strategic advice on the protection of rights in designs
- Design registration at UK and EU level
- Co-ordination of international design protection advice and registration through our network of trusted advisers
- Registered design portfolio management
- Dispute resolution and litigation
- Licensing and manufacturing agreements
- Freelance designers agreements
- Anti-counterfeiting advice and management of infringement/counterfeiting investigations
- Trading Standards and HM Customs seizures
- Policing of on-line marketplaces and assistance with Notice and Take Down procedures
- Fixed fee IP audits