We work with charities supporting women and girls across a wide range of areas: education, health, equality, personal safety and employment, to name just a few. We support charities whose work focuses entirely on women and girls, and also those charities for which they are an important strand of their work.
Organisations in this sector have successfully put the issues which affect women and girls on the national and international agenda. We help charities to maximise the opportunities available to implement programmes and to achieve impact. This includes supporting charities to deliver innovative projects and to campaign on policy and strategy issues, while ensuring they act within the framework of charity law. It also includes helping charities in this field with their routine governance and operational issues.
Our recent work includes:
- Registering new charities working with women and girls, ranging from those operating in a UK locality to those working internationally across regions
- Advising on governance issues and changes to constitutional documents
- Supporting the UK branch of a major international body to agree its affiliation agreement with the headquarters organisation
- Advising on the managed closure of an international development charity with a strong women’s rights programme
- Advising a number of women’s charities on the terms of their arrangements with commercial supporters
- Advising on grants made to support women in marginalised communities in London
- Advising on all charity law aspects of the work of an international children’s charity with programmes focussed on girls
- Extensive charity advice and operational support for schools including girls’ schools