We also provide the full range of legal services necessary to support you after you have become an academy, including;
- Company Secretarial- with the ESFA’s spotlight on good governance, we can help you ensure that the Academy Trust’s books are kept up to date and relevant filings are made to Companies House. We can also provide trustee training.
- Estate Management- if you plan to carry out building projects or property transactions, we can support you in a strategic and cost-effective way. We can also assist you in developing your estate management plan.
- Procurement advice- as a public body you are subject to procurement law. We can work with you to ensure compliance with your legal obligations when tendering for and entering into contacts.
- Education Law- we can provide pastoral legal support and strategic advice in areas such as Admissions, Exclusions and Special Needs in a truly effective manner.
- Commercial- we can provide you with a full range of commercial support, especially important in outsourcing contracts such as catering cleaning, ground maintenance and leisure.
- Growing your Trust- we can help you build capacity to take on other schools and existing academies.
- Employment and HR- our HR consultants can provide day to day support with staffing issues.
- Governance- with Ofsted’s increasing focus on governance, we can provide ongoing governance support, including advising on restructurings, schemes of delegation, issues with local governing bodies, and charity law issues including management of conflicts of interest and related party transactions.