Good governance is at the heart of a good school and increasingly under scrutiny from many quarters.
We advise on the duties, powers and potential conflicts for governors and look beyond the law to advise on what is good practice. We regularly undertake governance reviews and provide bespoke in house training for governing bodies and leadership teams.
Our advice includes:
- assisting with constitutional issues and with all aspects of governance and operational leadership, with particular experience in balancing the respective requirements of trustees and the school executive.
- advising on School Standards and Charity Commission compliance
- acting for charities “hiving off” schools
- advising new school projects either being hived off or entirely new structures
- advice to charitable funds supporting Schools
- the provision of bespoke training for governors and trustees
- advising on all aspects of public benefit, including a bespoke school audit