Our property team advise on the full spectrum of property matters from routine boundary issues and purchases to planning issues, estate management and large construction projects.
We also advise on major financing arrangements and the charity law issues involved in such property transactions.
The range of property related advice we offer independent schools includes:
- acquisition and disposal of school sites
- property development projects including advice on planning / building obligations / construction procurement / uplift and overage.
- housing advice, notably as regards caretakers and staff (including use by former employees).
- bespoke Hiring Agreements for schools and grounds and facility sharing agreements, including with maintained schools and the public sector.
- Advice regarding consultants’ appointments and building contracts in relation to school building schemes, including the related leasing structures relating to VAT efficiency.
- we have carried out several portfolio reviews and bulk registration programmes for schools in relation to their registered estate.