We regularly advise schools on behaviour policies, student discipline and fixed term and permanent exclusions. This includes advice on all aspects of bullying, including cyberbullying, child protection and, where necessary, advice on the management of parental complaints including claims of disability discrimination.
We can provide support in particular with:
- The drafting of behaviour policies and associated policies such as bullying policies and “appropriate use” IT policies
- Behavioural issues including bullying
- Sanctions short of exclusion
- Exclusions: we provide a full advisory and (when needed) advocacy service for schools in Independent Review Panels with a very high level of success. This includes appeals with mixed exclusion and disability discrimination elements
- Claims of disability discrimination lodged in the Special Educational Needs and Disability Tribunal