Complying with ever more complex regulatory requirements is daunting. We help you ensure that your school understands its current obligations.
Governance is more than just compliance. It is the cornerstone of school organisation and impacts on all aspects running a school. We focus on identifying opportunities and challenges when law or policy changes.
We can help you with:
Advice on best practice on
- responsibilities and roles of your Governing Board and Senior Leadership Teams
- developing and reviewing policies
- securing that the ethos of the institution flows from good governance
- training for governors and senior leaders tailored to your needs
Support in managing external relationships and intervention
- between schools and local authorities, including formal interventions by Local Authorities such as warning notices
- involving government departments including formal requests for directions
Major change to school governance, notably:
- Change of school category to Foundation
- Change of status to Trust School
- Becoming an Academy (see our Academy services)
We can provide bespoke training for your governors, either for your school alone or for a number of collaborating schools, on all aspects of education and governance law.