We understand that, in the event of a relationship breaking down overseas, the resulting complexities require specialist advice. We are here to help and have that expertise.
International aspects on separation may be relevant whether you have relocated abroad or, as is often the case, one party is working abroad and the other remains in England close to the children’s schools and extended family.
You cannot underestimate the importance of sound advice where there are international aspects because the following all count:
- Jurisdiction: where to issue and when
- Process: mediation, collaboration and negotiation are all still possible
- Security and family cohesiveness: where a family is divided by borders, we recognise that it may be more important for decisions to be made together in order to cement family links across the globe.
We are able to provide advice and support with regard to international issues, to include:
- Where to issue proceedings
- International trusts issues
- Removal from the jurisdiction
- Financial relief following an overseas divorce