Although our specialist International and Cross-Border team is able to help our clients with every jurisdiction of the world, all members of the team are specifically trained to help with Spanish matters including:
- Spanish Conveyancing
Our team advises on and project-manages the sale or purchase of Spanish property anywhere in Spain.
Trained by and working closely with tried and trusted, fully licensed, practising Spanish abogados (lawyers), our specialist International and Cross-Border team decodes the very different Spanish conveyancing procedure into plain English.
We explain not only what is customary and what is not customary under Spanish law, but also what to expect and when it is likely to happen.
We project manage the process from start to finish taking the burden away from you.
Importantly clients should contact us before they sign any documents (including anything provided by an estate agent) as such documentation can bind individuals to onerous terms, from which they cannot be released.
- Our conveyancing service includes
Guiding our clients through:
- Powers of attorney.
- Carrying out legal checks on the property.
- If selling, helping you to understand the costs of and taxes due on sale before agreeing to a sale price.
- If buying, helping you to understand what preparations you need to make; such as obtaining an NIE number and opening a Spanish bank account.
- Negotiating the terms of sale or purchase.
- Drafting and agreeing the sale contract.
- Preparing for completion at the Notary’s office.
- Our Spanish lawyers can attend completion at the Notary’s office on your behalf.
- Dealing with post completion matters, including (if necessary);
- Paying taxes;
- Registering the property at the Land Registry;
- Changing ownership with the community of owners/town hall.
Our clients come to Stone King secure in the knowledge that their interests will be protected.