We have particular expertise in dealing with older people, their families and carers. The legal problems are often complex and invariably require an approach of patience, sensitivity and tact. At Stone King we have developed a range of specialist skills to address the particular issues facing older people and their loved ones.
Our later life services include
- long-term care funding – we can advise you on the help you are entitled to from the state including NHS continuing health care and Local Authority means testing. We work closely with trusted specialist financial advisers to help you plan for the cost of care.
- Powers of attorney – we can draw up and register Lasting Powers of Attorney. We can act as professional attorneys and help lay attorneys manage the affairs of incapacitated individuals.
- Living wills – (or advanced decisions) we can help you record your wishes about future medical treatment.
- Deputyships – we can help make applications to the Court of Protection for the appointment of a deputy to manage the affairs on an individual who has lost capacity. We can also act as professional deputies and oversee the day to day management of someone’s affairs.
- Court of Protection applications – we can make applications to the Court of Protection for one off decisions regarding finances, health and welfare when a person lacks capacity, such as amending or making a new will, approval of tax planning schemes, or decisions about ongoing medical treatment or care.
- Management of affairs – if you or someone you know is finding it difficult to keep on top of their affairs then our team of friendly and experienced paralegals can provide help and assistance to individuals to help them keep their affairs in order. Our team can also help with arranging care, locating suitable care homes and liaising with other professionals. We can even assist with the arrangements with moving and clearing property.
- Wills and estate planning
- Probate and estate administration
Whatever you need help with, our later life specialists are here to make it easy for you.
Get in touch
Please contact Alison Allen for a no-obligation discussion on the older client services we offer.