Trusts are an ideal way to pass on your wealth to your family and loved ones while limiting your tax liability, protecting your assets from divorce or bankruptcy and giving you flexibility to choose how they’re used.
A trust allows responsible trustees to hold assets for beneficiaries who are unable to look after their own affairs, this may be because they’re too young or they are vulnerable. It can include anything from property or insurance policy benefits to personal belongings, money or land.
Our trust services
As experienced trust lawyers, we can help you with
- creating and terminating trusts
- advising on trustees' duties
- advising beneficiaries
- trust administration and taxation
- resolving disputes
- acting as professional trustees
- independent examination of charity accounts
- using trusts as part of estate planning
Together with our team of probate and estates solicitors, we can also advise you on wills, gifts and estate planning, and all aspects of tax law.