The law and practice referred to in this article or webinar has been paraphrased or summarised. It might not be up-to-date with changes in the law and we do not guarantee the accuracy of any information provided at the time of reading. It should not be construed or relied upon as legal advice in relation to a specific set of circumstances.
Our expert International and Cross-Border team offers a wide range of legal services for US nationals living in the UK.
We can assist you with the following:
- Analysing your residence and domicile status and their impact on the succession and taxation of your assets
- Updating your Will regarding the succession of your UK assets, including any dovetailing arrangements with your US Will or lifetime trust
- Advising on the interaction between the USA and UK legal systems and the differing tax treatment of assets in each jurisdiction (liaising closely with your US advisers as necessary)
- Analysing any potential exposure to the UK capital gains tax regime and the applicability of the US/UK double taxation convention to your circumstances
- Planning for any UK inheritance tax liability