Tony became head of Stone King’s Dispute Resolution & Litigation team in 2018, having joined the firm in 2010. His caseload focuses on high-value commercial litigation with a particular emphasis on real estate disputes.
- Professional Experience
Tony’s commercial litigation practice centres on contractual disputes, breach of fiduciary duties, procurement disputes and injunctive relief.
Tony has considerable experience of real estate disputes in a wide variety of sectors. Examples of Tony’s real estate disputes include dilapidations claims, forfeiture, possession of land and trespasser claims, telecommunications issues, development and overage disputes and lease renewals.
Tony repeatedly acts for national charities, educational establishments and significant corporate clients.
Tony is a member of the Property Litigation Association.
- Sector Experience
- Charity & Social Enterprise
Tony’s experience in the sector covers everything from advising Trustees as to their duties and liaising with the Charity Commission, to complex disputes and investigations. Recent work includes:
- Successfully defending injunctive proceedings in an unusual case concerning property rights in the context of a cemetery.
- Acting for a number of former Trustees of a Charity in relation to high value claims being pursued against them by the subsequently appointed Interim Manager.
Tony has considerable experience of the full range of disputes that Educational Institutions face. Recent cases have included:
- Defending a maintained school in a complex lease claim worth £8m, currently in the Court of Appeal.
- Acting for a Contracting Authority in a substantial procurement dispute, currently proceeding through the High Court.
Recent cases have included:
- Advising numerous clients in relation to contractual and property rights issues arising out the COVID pandemic.
- Acting for transport operator in Competition Appeal Tribunal proceedings regarding access to an international airport.