The law and practice referred to in this article or webinar has been paraphrased or summarised. It might not be up-to-date with changes in the law and we do not guarantee the accuracy of any information provided at the time of reading. It should not be construed or relied upon as legal advice in relation to a specific set of circumstances.
We provide highly specialised public & regulatory advice for public bodies and regulators, charities, businesses, and individuals.
We understand the context in which public & regulatory law matters arise, always having one eye to developments in the law, policy, and politics, and how these factors impact upon judicial review and potential legislative change. We have a deep understanding of the drivers and constraints involved, and provide practical and realistic options based on a depth of experience covering public & regulatory, constitutional, human rights, professional discipline, and equalities law. We are consequently very well-placed to advise on bringing and defending strategic litigation in these fields.
We provide assistance with:
- Judicial review
- Statutory appeals, adjudications and Tribunals
- Regulatory law, policies, and practice, in particular regulatory prosecution such as Health & Safety, Environmental, Trading Standards and Office of Fair Trading (OFT)
- Advice on powers and duties of public bodies
- Coroners Courts and Inquests
- Challenges to the decisions of public bodies
- Case Investigations, both independent and internal
- Codes of Conduct, complaints, and policy drafting
- Freedom of Information/Environmental Information Regulations
Our services cover matters involving the full range of public and regulatory bodies, from core public authorities subject to statutory and public law powers and duties through to the hinterland of private bodies with public functions, for instance museums and galleries, professional representative organisations, national charities, Royal Charter bodies and a range of membership bodies, which operate in a framework similar to the core public sector.
These services also support our work for schools, college, and universities.
Whether you are making public or regulatory decisions, or being impacted by them, we can assist you in achieving your objectives.