At Stone King, we are committed to ensuring the safety and security of your information. The purpose of this note is to explain what we do with the information you provide us when signing up to receive communications from us that are outside of your legal business with us (if you have any). We may change this Policy from time to time. If we make any significant changes we will advertise this on the website or contact you directly with the information. Please check the website occasionally to make sure you are happy with any changes.
For the purposes of the legislation in this area, Stone King LLP is known as the “Data Controller”, and is therefore responsible for what happens to the information that you provide. We have a dedicated email address for any questions you may have about the use to which we put your data, and that email address is email@example.com. If you wish to write to us, please address your letters to Marketing Team, Stone King, 13 Queen Square, Bath, BA1 2HJ, or telephone 01225 337599.
What type of personal information we collect
The type and amount of information we collect is restricted to contact details (name, address, email and telephone number).
How we use your information
We will use your information only for the purposes of:
- Responding to your query,
- Contacting you about events,
- Providing legal updates,
- Give details of competitions that we may be running,
- Processing a transaction if you make a payment to us through the website
- Asking you to complete a survey about your experiences of Stone King
- To analyse what individuals are looking at on our website.
We will only use your information for the purposes it was given, and not all of the above will apply in each case, but it will have been made clear to you when we collected the information which use or uses to which it will be put, and the information will not be put to any other use without seeking additional consent from you.
Our legal basis for processing your information
By submitting an email via our “contact us” section, you have consented to us contacting you in response to your query, and using your details for that purpose.
If you have opted into any of our mailings (events and/or updates and/or to be contacted regarding competitions), you have consented to us using your information for this purpose.
You can withdraw your consent to this at any time by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org or writing to us at the above address, but your consent will remain valid until we receive the withdrawal notice from you. There will also be the option to unsubscribe from any of our mailings at the bottom of the email you receive.
When we contact you to ask if you would like to participate in a survey, we treat this as a legitimate interest of the business – that interest being to seek views to improve our service. The rate at which we send these requests is infrequent, and there is no obligation to respond, therefore we consider any prejudice to you to be limited, and the legitimate need to seek views of our contacts on how we are performing s that we can deal with any issues that arise and improve our offering, outweigh this.
The website uses various cookies (for more details on this, please see here), and one of these is used to track what you have looked at on the site. The information that we receive is personalised, so that we can see the activity you completed whilst on the site. This information is used solely to review how people use the site, for the purposes of improving functionality. This is a legitimate interest of the business, therefore we use this information on that basis. No judgments are made about you, and the data that is taken and used is anonymised, so there is no prejudice to you in us using the information in this way.
How we keep your information safe
We understand the importance of security of your personal information and take appropriate steps to safeguard it. Your information is stored in a database, which is stored on our Stone King servers, and we regularly review our IT provision to ensure security and that what we have is fit for purpose. All staff who have access to the database are trained in how to use the information in a secure and sensitive way, and our policies on accessing information from other devices ensure that your information is as secure as it can reasonably be.
No data transmission over the internet can however be guaranteed to be 100% secure. So while we strive to safeguard your information, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you provide online and you do this at your own risk.
Who has access to your information?
Aside from staff employed by Stone King...
- Third parties who provide mailing services for us, for example Campaign Monitor, who we use to send out group emails on our behalf. We select our third party service providers with care. We provide these third parties with the information that is necessary to provide the service and we will have an agreement in place that requires them to operate with the same care over data protection as we do.
- Third parties if we run an event in conjunction with them. We will let you know how your data is used when you register for any event.
- Third parties in connection with restructuring or reorganisation of our operations, for example if we merge with another firm. In such event we will take steps to ensure your privacy rights will be protected by the third party.
- If you are making a payment through the website, the transaction is undertaken by WorldPay, with whom we have a legal agreement. When you checkout, you will be automatically redirected to a secure server managed by WorldPay (UK) Ltd, and we will not see, store or use any of the details that you enter into that site.
We may also disclose your personal information if we are required to do so under any legal obligation and may use external data for the purposes of fraud prevention and credit risk reduction, or where doing so would not infringe your rights, but is necessary and in the public interest.
Other than this, we will not share your information with other organisations without your consent.
Keeping your information up to date
We really appreciate it if you let us know if your contact details change. You can do so by contacting us at email@example.com
How long we keep your information for
We will treat your consent as lasting only for as long as it is reasonable to do so. This will usually be for two years. We may periodically ask you to renew your consent.
If you ask us to stop contacting you, we will keep a record of your contact details and limited information needed to ensure we comply with your request.
You have the right to request details of the information that we hold about you, and the uses to which it is put, which is known as a Subject Access Request. Such requests have to be made in writing. To make a request, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or at the address given above.
You also have the following rights [which will be introduced in the UK under the GDPR in May 2018]:
- the right to request rectification of information that is inaccurate or out of date;
- the right to erasure of your information (known as the “right to be forgotten”);
- the right to restrict the way in which we are dealing with and using your information; and
- the right to request that your information be provided to you in a format that is secure and suitable for re-use (known as the “right to portability”);
All of these rights are subject to certain safeguards and limits or exemptions, further details of which can be found in our Data Protection Policy, once they are fully in force. To exercise any of these rights, you should contact email@example.com.
If you are not happy with the way in which we have processed or dealt with your information, you can complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office. Further details about how to complain can be found at https://ico.org.uk/concerns.
This Policy was last updated on 19 March 2018.