The law and practice referred to in this article or webinar has been paraphrased or summarised. It might not be up-to-date with changes in the law and we do not guarantee the accuracy of any information provided at the time of reading. It should not be construed or relied upon as legal advice in relation to a specific set of circumstances.
Are you a Governance Professional, or someone with clerking or company secretarial duties, at an existing or newly established academy trust? Are you from an academy trust which is looking to appoint a new Governance Professional, or person with clerking or company secretary duties? Are you clear what the role of a Governance Professional at an academy trust involves and the specific clerking and company secretary matters relating to academy trusts?
This event is designed to provide Governance Professionals and those persons with clerking/company secretary duties at academy trusts with comprehensive training. It is also an opportunity for delegates to benefit from each other, and to share experiences and knowledge.
This training is only aimed at persons employed by academy trusts and does not cover clerking duties or the role of company secretaries at other charitable companies.
During the training we will discuss the following:
- The legal framework for an academy trust - encompassing a practical guide to an academy trust’s articles of association and relevant parts of company law
- The role and responsibilities of a Company Secretary/Clerk to an academy trust
- The roles of members and trustees in an academy trust
- How to convene and support member and board meetings of an academy trust
- Academy trust decision-making in meetings and by written resolution
- Keeping the right paperwork – e.g. company registers and filing at Companies House
Due to the popularity of this event, we provide this training on a regular basis - To sign up for our next events click below: