As experts in tax law, our solicitors can help you manage your finances and avoid unnecessary bills though our tax planning services.
Whether you need assistance with a self-assessment tax return, a tax health check or advice on a one-off issue, our personal tax team will guide you through it. And because our personal tax team includes a chartered accountant, we provide a complete legal and accountancy service for individuals, attorneys, and trustees.
Our tax services may either be provided in-house or in conjunction with other specialists.
- Tax Compliance
Among the issues we can help you with are:
- Tax returns for individuals.
- Tax returns for attorneys and deputies.
- Tax returns for non-UK resident landlords with UK ‘buy to let’ property.
- Tax returns for trusts and estates
- Tax Consultancy
This may relate to:
- Capital gains tax calculations on specific transactions
- Inheritance tax planning for lifetime gifts, including the availability of agricultural and business property reliefs
- The impact of ‘pre-owned asset tax’ (POAT) on family property transactions, and tax planning with insurance and investment products
- Advice on using tax-favoured investments such as Enterprise Investment Schemes (EISs) and Venture Capital Trusts (VCTs) during an estate planning exercise
- Special bespoke planning for mitigating large liabilities for capital gains tax, income tax (eg: on large bonuses), inheritance tax, and stamp duty land tax
- Cross-border planning where assets may be situated abroad, or non-UK domiciled individuals may face taxation under UK rules as well as those of their home state