Date updated: Monday 18th September 2023
This practical, legal and technical surgery is for academy trusts and schools that have been affected by RAAC, and to give them guidance on how to proceed. The webinar will look at issues such as:-
- Identifying RAAC
- Practical considerations involved in removing RAAC - range of interventions
- Impact on asbestos
- Managing requests for information under FOIA and/or EIR relating to RAAC
- H&S responsibilities
- Obtaining DfE funding for the essential repairs which are needed
- Implications on staffing, students and educational delivery (now and when works get underway)
- Managing and mitigating operational risks (for example where partial or full closure or remodelling of space impacts on school catering (and catering contracts), lettings and the impact on solar PPAs which many schools will have signed up to in recent years).
- Managing future works and the interaction between planned works and RAAC remedial works.