Tamsin has more than 25 years’ experience in corporate finance, banking and financial services. She was previously an equity partner in Dechert and was a consultant to the leading north west firm, Brabners LLP for 20 years, joining Stone King in 2013 and became a partner in 2018.
- Professional Experience
Tamsin has a thorough knowledge of company law; corporate finance, banking and financial services law; as well as a good understanding of property, employment and general commercial law.
- Corporate & Commercial
Her skillset and expertise have been applied for growth, structuring and restructuring as well as addressing insolvency issues. Transactions and other matters where Tamsin has led include M&A: take-overs; joint ventures; MBOs/MBIs/LBOs; complex banking transactions: property finance; general corporate banking; syndicated bank facilities; equity injections and other fund raising exercises for quoted and private companies and collective investment schemes; debt finance; partnerships; financial services; shareholder arrangements; service agreements for senior executives; share option schemes and other management incentive plans.
- Social and Impact Finance
Applying her expertise with understanding pragmatism and practicality to assist clients achieve their objectives and deliver their chosen impact efficiently and effectively, Tamsin advises businesses, entrepreneurs, investors, impact ventures, social enterprises, borrowers, lenders and others.
- Case Studies
- Advising early stage companies on investment into the impact venture
- Acting for an ethical bank on secured development loan facilities, often taking account of the varying interests, objectives and requirements of junior lenders and grant providers as well as those of the borrower and the bank
- Acting for charitable educational establishment obtaining £16m secured loan facilities
- Acting for charitable foundations making secured loans to acquire residential accommodation for vulnerable people
- Acting for a further education institution in relation to a refinancing package of circa £40m+ including two secured loan facilities
- Assisting a charity providing security for the loans of a second charity and negotiating the settling the contractual relationship between the two
- Tamsin is acting as mentor and leading the team supporting Allia’s Future 20 cohort of impact ventures
- She was at the helm as Chair of Governors of Heythrop College when this member of the University of London successfully concluded its three year teach-out, maintaining its extremely high standards throughout and bringing its operations to a successful, graceful and solvent closure.