The law and practice referred to in this article or webinar has been paraphrased or summarised. It might not be up-to-date with changes in the law and we do not guarantee the accuracy of any information provided at the time of reading. It should not be construed or relied upon as legal advice in relation to a specific set of circumstances.
This comprehensive training programme is designed to provide delegates with an introduction to:
- The roles and responsibilities of a governance professional (clerk)/company secretary in academy trusts;
- The legal structure and regulatory regime of academy trusts;
- The articles of association and governance structure of academy trusts;
- The roles of members, trustees and committees, and the processes required for decision-making;
- The process for appointments and resignations of members, trustees and committee members,
- Administration and filing requirements for academy trusts.
If you are a governance professional at an academy trust, someone involved with clerking academy trust meetings, or undertaking company secretary duties and looking to develop, this training will help you understand how academy trusts are governed and provide you with the essentials for administering governance effectively, including Companies House filing requirements.
The training is also an opportunity for delegates to ask questions and share experiences and knowledge.
This training is only aimed at academy trusts and does not cover clerking duties or the role of company secretaries at other charitable companies.