No business is completely risk-free when it comes to health and safety, but we can help you both to prevent workplace accidents and also to manage the consequences should an accident occur.
The financial benefits of having an effective health and safety management system are indisputable.
Our team of solicitors are experts in health and safety law and will work with you and your employees to make sure your company complies with current health and safety legislation.
As members of the Institute of Occupational Safety and Health, we provide pragmatic advice on your responsibilities and can help you establish a simple and cost-effective health and safety framework for your business. Our aim is to ensure your compliance whilst at the same time saving you money.
If an accident happens in the workplace, we will guide you at every stage in respect of investigations or prosecutions carried out by the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) or other prosecuting bodies. We are confident that with the right approach and negotiation strategies it is often possible to avoid expensive litigation and the damage to reputation that can arise.
- Our health and safety legal services
With extensive experience in l health and safety in the commercial environment, the legal services we offer include:
- advising you on the compliance of your existing health and safety management system
- redrafting your health and safety documents to ensure compliance with health and safety regulations
- helping you to set up a simple and cost effective health and safety management system
- helping you to understand your health and safety obligations as an employer
- advising in respect of health and safety issues that may arise as part of the conduct of your business
- assisting with the preparation of risk assessments
- working with your employees to give proactive safety advice and guidance
- keeping you updated with regard to changes in health and safety legislation and case law
- representing you from the outset and at all stages in the event of any accidents occurring and in respect of civil claims or criminal investigation and/or prosecution
- resolving issues through various negotiation strategies, with the aim of avoiding litigation and negative PR/reputation damage
Whatever the health and safety issue, we can help you. We also have expert additional support and significant benefits for our clients through our partnership with the Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents.
Our straightforward legal advice in plain English makes it easy for you to make sure you have a robust, compliant strategy to keep your workplace safe and to save your business money.