As one of the UK’s top three charity law firms, our specialist dispute lawyers have a wealth of experience in the sector. They have a strong reputation for dynamic and robust litigation, and achieve the best outcome for our clients whilst minimising the financial impact, damage, and disruption to their day-to-day operations.
Our charity litigators represent our clients in many complex, high-value, and multi-jurisdictional disputes in the courts, in the tribunals and in alternative dispute resolution (ADR) forums, including mediation.
They work closely with our clients to develop bespoke strategies to resolve conflicts quickly before, during, or after a crisis. If an appropriate resolution is not possible, our lawyers use their wealth of specialist experience to litigate effectively and efficiently to bring about the right outcome.
Our lawyers recognise that charities are diverse organisations and the team prides itself on the level of support that they can offer, together with specialist legal knowledge. Whilst there is no such thing as a typical charity dispute, the areas in which the Dispute Resolution and Litigation Team have assisted our clients include (but are not limited to):
- Charity contracts and service agreements.
- Legacies, contested probate, and Court of Protection.
- Trustee, membership and governance.
- Statutory and other regulatory enquiries.
- Grants, funding and fundraising.
- Property issues and rights relating to land.
- Intellectual property.
- Fraud and asset recovery.
- Defamation, reputation and crisis management.
- Charity Tribunal decisions and appeals.
- Privacy and confidential information.