The law and practice referred to in this article or webinar has been paraphrased or summarised. It might not be up-to-date with changes in the law and we do not guarantee the accuracy of any information provided at the time of reading. It should not be construed or relied upon as legal advice in relation to a specific set of circumstances.
We help our clients protect their businesses against a broad range of data and privacy risks (relating to employees, clients, business partners and wider stakeholders) and maximise the value of their data assets. Our experience and understanding of the way in which regulators and courts apply data protection law, allow us to create solutions that successfully balance risks and budget. We speak plain English and our approach is pragmatic and risk-based.
Our expertise covers
- data protection compliance and information governance
- advice on the management of legal and commercial risks relating to personal data (in commercial agreements, M&A transactions and various projects)
- personal breach response
- professional training programmes.
Types of issues that we can help you with include
- conducting data protection gap analyses, audits and health checks
- drafting and reviewing privacy documentation (polices, notices, protocols etc)
- building an efficient data protection framework and optimising your data protection function
- safeguards relating to personal data in commercial relationships, e.g. negotiating data processing and data sharing agreements, dealing with international transfers of personal data, vendor management
- data protection aspects of M&A transactions and joint ventures
- efficient management of data subject requests and complaints
- liaising with the Information Commissioner’s Office
- handling personal data breaches
- managing privacy aspects of direct marketing
- cookie compliance
- data protection requirements in product development
- managing Covid-19 related privacy issues
- navigating the increasing complexity of freedom of information law (if you work with the public sector)
- training (accessible through our training platform) or delivered to you directly